Sunday, May 9, 2010

I Am

I am Mommy.

I am the righter of wrongs, the mediator and the kisser of boo boos.

I am chief cook (but not always the chief bottle washer.) I know your favorite meals and which treat will make everything better.

I am your security blanket. When we cuddle at bed time, I keep all of the evil in the world at bay, even if it's just for a moment.

I am the woman all others will be judged by in your eyes. I hope I set a good example.

I am daughter to a mother whose love is fierce. We push each others' button like no one else can, but when she hears that catch in my voice that says something is wrong, she is right there for me. She is the first call when I doubt my own skills as a mother.

I am granddaughter of strong, beautiful matriarchs who are now my guardian angels. I feel their love and influence every day.

I am niece to women who put the "fun" dysfunctional. Be it buying me an Yves St. Laurent dress or making a me a copy of the Beatles White Album, they have helped form the woman I am today.

I am cousin, in-law, and friend to countless other women who have graced my life in so many different ways. Be they older or younger, close by or far away, they each have claimed a tiny piece of my heart and soul.

I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment