Saturday, June 19, 2010

Was and Is

For me, Daddy was:
  • The carver of pumpkins and the trimmer of Christmas trees
  • My Saturday morning cooking show and the grill master extraordinaire
  • The doctor and pharmacist (Portuguese moonshine made any ailment better!)
  • My own personal historian
  • A pyromaniac who was lucky to have friends in high places
  • A balladeer (especially after a few beers)
  • My champion, even when I was in the wrong
  • Always there for me and he always will be

For my children, Daddy is:
  • The first one to change their diapers, as I was unable to stand up
  • The originator of the Baby Face Eating Machine and the Tickle Wake Up Call
  • The one they don't ask to stop singing
  • The DJ for our family dance parties
  • The bear hug giver (and when needed, the gentle belly rubber)
  • The one who keeps my tendency to try and keep them babies in check
  • Always there for them and always will be
(Note: I was unable to find a decent picture of my father and I as I don't have my wedding pictures loaded on my Mac and that is last decent picture of the two of us I remember being taken. But they exist and someday I will display them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment