Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanks - For Nothing

We had a wonderful weekend earlier this month. On Friday, after work, we surprised the boys by taking them out for cheeseburgers and a movie. On Saturday, we cleaned, Todd worked, the boys played, and after dinner (which no one complained about), Todd and Elwood played Wii while Finn and I watched. Sunday was more of the same and after wonder pork roast dinner shared with Grandma Whitehead, we all cuddled in bed for a movie.

I've never in my life been more grateful for nothing. Nothing to do, no where to go, no one to see. We just spent time with each other and enjoyed being a family.

I started thinking and realized that so many of the things that I am thankful for involve the letters n-o.

So, here a short list of the few things that I am thankful for.

I am thankful that NOne of my brothers are overseas anymore and that both are home with their families.

I am thankful that my children have NO health problems.

I am thankful that in quiet moments, I have NOthing but love for my husband (in loud ones, NOt so much, but that's okay).

I am thankful for when Finn says "NO" (but it's cuter when he says "pumpkin patch").

This year, I will give thanks for NOthing (and for everything).

No comments:

Post a Comment