Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Diaper Days Are Over

I knew that 2011 would be a big year for my little guys. Well, here we are, just 2/12 months in and we've already hit our first milestone.

FINN IS OFFICIALLY POTTY TRAINED!!!

I was reluctant to declare it because I didn't want to jinx us. Two months of sleeping in underwear with only a couple of accidents and I think it's safe to say that I'm out of the diaper game. The turtle potty chair has left the building!

Sorry Pampers - we've had five good years together, but it's time for you to find someone who needs you. I've grown. I'm with Hanes now. Shhh - don't say anything. It won't make me come back.

I wish I could take credit for this monumental achievement, but in reality, the majority of the credit goes to our amazing babysitter. She took the lead on this and we followed along at home. When we discovered that he would poop in the potty for her, but was asking for, and sometimes putting on his own, diaper, we knew we needed to step it up a notch. So, we borrowed a potty from the babysitter so that he would have identical ones at home and at her house. After a few rough days, he did what he was supposed to do and we were on our way.

While there is always a tinge of sadness anytime one of my boys reaches a milestone, I can't say I'm too sad to be done with diapers. Not that there weren't adorable moments of bonding during diaper changes. Elwood liked to be sung calypso and Finn liked tummy tickles. But the gross factor usually out weighed the cute factor, so good riddance!

Plus now, I can send them to the bathroom with Todd when we're out and you know he loves that! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment