Monday, April 27, 2009

Elwood & Finn - BMOC

BMOC = Big Men on Campus

That's how I saw my two little guys last Friday as we participated in our local Relay for Life.  

As we walked the thru the park, kids and adults were yelling "Hello" to Elwood and Finn.  Little girls ran up and hugged them.  It was crazy.  

Even though I've lived here for 8 years (5 full time), I'm always going to be that girl from St. Louis that Todd married.  But my boys, they're natives.  They have friends, even at this stage in their young lives.  People know me as their mom - which I don't mind at all.

My husband made friends in this tiny town that he has carried with him throughout his life.  They are good men who married wonderful women who I am proud to now call my friends.  They are people he can count on, be it to fix something around the house or to support him in difficult times.  I hope that growing up in this small town, this is what my boys have to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment