Monday, April 6, 2009

So Many Words yet No Complete Thoughts

I think I'm making this blogging thing harder than it truly is.  I've come up with countless things I could write about, yet they aren't completely formed thoughts.  A few sentences of a good idea here and there, but nothing more.  It doesn't help that my mother told me one of my entries bothered her.  I know it's just because the idea of airing your feeling for the whole world to see isn't something she's comfortable with.  But it makes me over think everything I start to put up here.

I want to hone my writing skills and find my voice.  I want to record all of the wonderful and difficult and crazy and sublime things my kids do and bring into my life.  I want to put this out there so that I can say "There it is - it's in writing - it's real".  

Maybe with the coming of spring, my brain will thaw and the ice jam will loosen in my brain and some of the thoughts can become flowing prose that I will be confident enough to post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment