Sunday, September 4, 2011

Four

Four - it's a nice even number.  It's the number of sides on a square.  It's the number of doors on most cars.  It's the number of members of our family. 

It's the number of years I've had the honor of being your mother.  And I say honor, even with the screaming fits (like the one that got me plenty of looks in Schnucks on Friday) and the sleepless nights and the worry over when you would talk. You bring out the fierce Mother Protector in me.

You are my Sunshine, my Blondie Boy, my weird little guy.  Your sparkling eyes and mischievous smile melt my heart every time I look at you.  When you sit, cuddled in my lap, quietly watching the movie that is currently your favorite (as they switch almost daily sometimes), I am at peace with the world.   When I see you and your brother cuddled together asleep at night, I am prouder than any one else on the planet.  When I hear new words and sentences, I am amazed at your determination to make yourself heard. 

Banana Phone
Happy Birthday Finn - I love you more every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment