Wednesday, August 17, 2011

New Routine

My little monkey butt,

Tomorrow morning we will start a new routine.  Instead of heading to Ms. Nanie's with Finn, we will take you to the other side of town for your first day of school!

You are officially a kindergartner!

I can't believe how big you are and how fast the last six years have flown by!

I told Daddy last night that this feels like the first day I went back to work after you were born.  I still don't know how I made it thru that day.  I wanted to run home and hold you and never let you go. 

But you were in good hands.  I knew you were being spoiled by Grandma and Papaw (and I'm pretty sure Grammy spent most of the day there too!).  When I picked you up that first night, you were just a happy little chunk of love and I knew you would be okay.  So, I was okay. 

Daddy reminded me that you will be in good hands at school too.  I saw that at Open House.  Around every corner was someone who knew Daddy or taught Daddy or goes to church with us.  (It's one of the nice things about living in such a small town.)  Your excited little face let me know you were once again going to be okay.  So I guess, I will be too.

I love you so very, very much.  Don't let my tears fool you - I am excited to see the world open up for you as you learn.  Daddy and I will always be right here behind you - ready to take the lead if you need us.  But, I guess that right now, it's time to step back and let you explore.  

Love,
      Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment