Saturday, March 14, 2009

More of the Same?

I recognize that there is a glut of "mommy" blogs and sites out there. Hell, I probably wouldn't have even thought about blogging if I hadn't become enthralled with several of them during my first pregnancy. But, everyone has a voice and everyone is different, so I'm going to put mine out there.

This is more of a public diary than anything else. A public diary chronicling my climb up what I affectionately call "Mommy Mountain". In a column I did for a local parenting magazine, I compared motherhood to mountain climbing. You start at base camp with a team to support you. You start out, not really knowing what's coming. You are exhausted, but you keep going. You are surrounded by amazing beauty. (Since I'm a little unclear on whether or not I can post that column here, I'm paraphrasing.)

The point is - it's hard and it's amazing and it's crazy and it's rewarding. And I want to savor every minute of it because it goes by way too fast. So here is my story - my family's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment